Our Fifth Wheel Covered Wagon is designed to offer modern convenience while preserving the authentic appeal of historical Oregon Trail wagons. Experience the ultimate blend of iconic characteristics of a classic Prairie Schooner with the functionality of a commercial horse-drawn vehicle.
The wagon includes a fifth-wheel running gear, along with sturdy bolt-hub roller bearing wheels, making it an incredibly user-friendly model with easy maintenance.
Key features include:
- 5th Wheel Steering: Ensures smooth maneuvering for both drivers and passengers along with less maintenance.
- Rubber Tires and Full Spring Suspension: Provides comfort and stability during the ride.
- Side Bench Passenger Seating: Offers ample space and comfortable seating for passengers.
- Manual and Hydraulic Brakes: Guarantees safety during travels.
- Wider Design: Unlike the traditional 40" width, our design is spacious at 58" wide. This provides room for a walk-around driver's seat and easy passenger entry facilitated with a telescoping rear step.
- Suitable for tours as it can accommodate 12 to 16 passengers, making them an ideal choice for events like parties.
- The wagon box and other components are built using solid poplar to ensure durability and longevity.
The average time to build this exceptional wagon is around 6 to 9 months. However, we are more than willing to customize it as per your preferences.
Want to make this unique piece your own? Dial 605-996-8754 for more details and to discuss personalized options.
54" Wide x 144" long at the floor of the box.
Question: How do you ship this vehicle to me?
Answer: We coordinate shipments of large freight items - such as our wagons, carriages, and coaches - within a network of private carriers so that your freight is safely transported to your destination without transfer. These are usually coordinated as partial loads in order to save costs, so it can take anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks to find a ride. They will be transported in enclosed vans that vary from "U-Haul" size box vans to full 53' semi trailers. Contact us for more information and freight quotes. You may also arrange your own shipping through uship.com.
Question: How do I offload this vehicle at delivery?
Answer: If you have a delivery location with a loading dock available this is your best option. However, we can also deliver to any location that a semi-trailer can access. We then recommend coordination with a towing service to use a tilt-bed wrecker truck. The vehicle can be rolled off the trailer on to the bed of the wrecker truck and it will be tilted/lowered down to the ground from there.